RPS Group (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘organisation’) is the Data Controller for the information you provide during this process. If you have any questions about the process, please contact us at:
As part of delivering training, the organisation collects and processes personal data relating to participants and those seeking out our services. RPS is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.What information does the organisation collect?
The organisation collects and processes a range of information about you.
- For online account registration: name, company (if applicable), address and contact details, including email address and telephone numbers
- For website enquiries: name, company, membership status, address and contact details, including email address and telephone numbers, as well as the nature of your enquiry, details of the enquiry and how you found us
- Course registration: name, company (if applicable), address and contact details, including email address and telephone numbers, job title, industry experience, dietary and special requirements (if applicable), passport details (if applicable), visa embassy details (if applicable)
We only collect information from you when you request a service from us and where you have given your consent. This will be when you:
- Register an Online Account (Non-Members Only)
- Submit a Website Enquiry
- Have made a course booking – we will request that you complete a course registration form to allow us to provide logistical support for your attendance
The organisation will only seek information from third parties with your consent.Information we collect automatically
Information supplied by cookies can help us to understand the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. It also helps us recognise when you are signed into any of our platforms to provide a more personalised experience. RPS uses this type of information to help improve the services it provides to its users.
In order to be able to process your data, we may rely on different legal basis, including:-
Contractual basis: To take the appropriate steps, both prior to entering into a contract with you and to enter into a contract with you.
Legitimate interest: The organisation has a legitimate interest in processing personal data before, during and after the course booking and training delivery process. Processing participant data allows the organisation to:
- manage the course booking process
- ensure your health and safety throughout course delivery
- arranging and communicating course logistics
- understanding your training objectives and any special requirements (if applicable)
- respond to or defend against legal claims should they arise
Consent: If we rely on your consent, only when legally required or permitted, as a legal basis for processing your personal data, you may withdraw it at any time. Please refer to ‘Your Rights’ section below.
In addition the organisation may process your personal data on any other legal basis otherwise permitted by local laws and/or to protect the vital interest of an individual.Who has access to data?
We run courses globally and therefore your information may be shared internally to RPS employees directly involved in the delivery of our training courses or supporting our business systems. Your data will only be accessed where there is a legitimate business reason to do so.
RPS will not share your data with third parties, with the exception of suppliers and agents authorised to support the running of our courses.
The organisation may transfer your data outside the European Economic Area dependent upon location of course delivery. If we have a need to transfer it, we will take all the necessary steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected in line with the GDPR data protection principles.
We do not sell your personal data to third parties.For how long does the organisation keep data?
We keep your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it has been collected and to comply with our legal obligations.Your rights
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right to request to withdraw that consent at any time. If you would like to exercise any of these rights then please contact:- email@example.com.
We aim to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information and we take any complaints received seriously. If you believe that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate, we encourage you to bring this matter to our attention. If however you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to RPS. However, if you do not provide the information necessary, then the organisation may not be able to process your course booking properly or at all.How we protect and store your personal data
The organisation takes the security of your data seriously. The organisation has internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties.
Where the organisation engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including our bookings database and in the organisation's IT systems (including the organisation's email system).Changes to this Privacy Notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be representative of the effective date confirmed above.Contact
If you have any queries about this privacy notice or in general about the personal data which we may hold about you, please contact:- firstname.lastname@example.org.